Translate

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Time out: London 2012!

I finally purchased my guide to London! I love the Time Out guides, they are very simple to follow, they give you many insights about the city and local tips to make you feel like a local. They also have a comprehensive section on Gay and Lesbian events/locals. I have been using these guides for my European travel such as Barcelona and Mallorca. Since I had a great guide in Berlin I didn't need to get one for that city.

The guide is broken down into categories (sights, dining, lodging, nightlife, etc.) and each category is divided by areas. The section about the city areas provides a brief description of it and what to look for. The maps of the city and the subway system map (the tube) is easy to follow.
Another great thing about Time Out guides is that not only do you get a guide of the desired city, but the cities around the area. So you can feel free to explore near by cities without getting lost.

My goal is to explore a different area of London each day. 10 years ago I stayed in Surrey (South of the city of London) for most of my visit and visited the city a couple of times to see the touristic sites. This time I'm staying in the city, so I think I'll be able to get a better exposure of London.

The other reason I bought this guide was for the Olympics Games. This year's guide has a section dedicated to it, everything form travel, to venues and tips for visitors. I will definitely use it.

So if you are visiting London this year I would highly recommend to use this guide. It has never stirred me wrong. To purchase this guide visit Amazon.com: Time Out Official Guide to London 2012.

Table of Contens

No comments:

Post a Comment