Translate

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Love Connection

 
London with RyanSo here is the truth: I travel with an agenda other than visiting new places. Well, at least I used to. Over half of all my travels have been to meet, visit guys that I had a love relationship with.

It all started with Ryan. Doing all I did to get to London was uncharacteristic of me. I actually put myself out there and broaden my horizon (literally).

In Hawai'i with Vitaliy
When I met Vitaliy he was already working in the airline business and he loved to travel, so I had to keep up. He is the reason I got my passport when I became a citizen. We did not travel to other countries, instead because of our schedules we did all of our travels to other states, sometime that probably would not have happened without him. Although it seems like a silly reason to solely get a passport, I'm very grateful it happened.


In Postdam with SörenAfter I became single I stopped traveling, until my 26th birthday when I met Sören. That was the first time I traveled back to Europe since my London trip. Ever since then I have been traveling to Europe every year. At first my trips were to meet Sören, but after we went our separate ways I decided to start traveling for my own enjoyment.

Unfortunaly I did not have the chance to travel with Chris, my last boyfriend, anywhere as our schedules never coordinated. I did get to see and explore Williamsburgh I suppose. Since we didn't go away on vacation, does that mean I own him a trip? Well I did offer, but even now as we go our different ways our schedules still do not coordinate. Sometime in the future perhaps.

At the HighLine with ChrisAlthough I don't travel for love reasons any longer, I do travel from time to time to meet my friends in other countries. I did go to Munich to meet our friend Tom (and also for Oktoberfest). I have gotten offers to go to Poland, Serbia, and Holland. Maybe I should take my friends up on the offers sometime in the future.
Anyways, although it was great to travel to meet these special people, I'm glad that I don't have to have a love agenda in order to travel the world now. And I can set my own agenda from now on. 




Or, perhaps 'til next time I meet someone else ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment