Translate

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2002: The London Chapter

My first trip to London, and first outside the U.S., was on 2002. I had taken a job at 7-Eleven during that summer to cover my my trip expenses. After 2 months of hard work I had gather enough money to cover for my flight, expenses and visa.

Since I was still a Peruvian citizen I had to go to the British consulate to apply for a visa. Being young and an inexperienced traveler I had bought my ticket before getting the visa. I remember praying to get the visa the same day I went to apply for it, and fortunately I did; by paying to do the paperwork on the express lane and explaining the emergency of my circunstances( I believe I went to the consulate a week before my trip), by getting helped by a great consulate employee that understood my odd situation, and by luck.

Finally on August 12th, 2002 I took a flight from JFK to LHR (London Heathrow Airport) on an American Airlines flight and started the beginning of my travels.

I've learned much since then and experience lots too, in travel matters, as well as in love matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment