Translate

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The American Travels Chapter: Aloha Hawai’i

012_12

In this post I am going back, way back: 6 years into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. This was one my first vacations that I took without family. Although the flight was long, it was worth it. Vitaliy and I took a Delta flight from JFK to Salt Lake City (SLC), then wait for the flight to Honolulu International Airport (HNL), in the island of Oahu. If I remember correctly it took about 9 1/2 hours.

The first thing I noticed from the airplane window was the clear water surrounding the island. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. I also noticed there an unusual amount of clouds around the island. This is due to a high mountain range that run through the eastern side of the island and causes all the clouds gathering in the east of the island to topple over to the city side in the west of the range.
The day we arrived was one of those cloudy days However they don’t hang around, the comes and goes throughout the day and almost every day is sunny and warm.
We took a shuttle from the airport to our hotel The Coconut Plaza. The first day we explored the city for most of the day. Then on the second day we hit the beach.

Picture 076 Picture 073 Picture 082                                                 
Picture 084
View from our room

No comments:

Post a Comment