Translate

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back to London: Memories in landmarks

Today I spent most of my day in the City area (central London). I took the original tour bus around London. Although I have seen most of these landmarks already, it was nice to listen and understand to the history behind them. The only thing that I could have done without was the rain, which came pouring out of nowhere while I was on the top deck of the bus. Oh well.
Finally I took the river Thames tour, which came free with the bus tour ticket.
As I was traveling along these sights, I started to remember about my trip 10 years ago, the paths that I traveled around the river bank, pictures, nice times. It was a comforting feeling.





In between the tours, I stop along to the Tower of London to check out the House of Nations. I watched the Women's Gymnastics team Finals. Spoiler Alert: The US women's team won gold! They really deserve it that gold. On my way out I took a picture holding one of the Olympic torches.


I finished my day with a delicious McDonald's meal. Mmm chicken sandwich. The only thing I don't like much about London is that stores and restaurants tend to close early, at least during the week. Hopefully the weekend will get a bit livelier.
Go mascots!
 



By the way, I finally got my tickets for the events :D





No comments:

Post a Comment